Florists in Branford, CT
Find local Branford, Connecticut florists below that deliver beautiful flowers to residences, business, funeral homes and hospitals in Branford and surrounding areas. Choose from roses, lilies, tulips, orchids, carnations and more from the variety of flower arrangements in a vase, container or basket. Place your flower delivery order online of call.
Branford Flower Shops
188 North Main Street
Branford, CT 06405
776 E Main St
Branford, CT 06405
Branford CT News
Feb 9, 2017
Florida man sends flowers to dog, not wife
Church Bells" — Carrie Underwood
• "Blue Ain't Your Color" — Keith Urban
Jazz vocal album:
• “Sound of Red” — René Marie
• “Upward Spiral” — Branford Marsalis Quartet With Special Guest Kurt Elling
• “Take Me to the Alley” — Gregory Porter
• “Harlem On My Mind” — Catherine Russell
• “The Sting Variations” — The Tierney Sutton Band
• “Listen” —Tim Bowman Jr.
• “Fill This House” — Shirley Caesar
• “A Worshipper's Heart [Live]” — Todd Dulaney
• “Losing My Religion” — Kirk Franklin
• “Demonstrate [Live]” — William Murphy
Contemporary Christian music album:
• “Poets & Saints” — All Sons & Daughters
• “American Prodigal” — Crowder
• “Be One” — Natalie Grant
• “Youth Revival [Live]” — Hillsong Young & Free
• “Love Remains” — Hillary Scott & the Scott Family
Latin pop album:
• "Un Besito Mas” — Jesse & Joy
• “Ilusión” — Gaby Moreno
• “Similares” — Laura Pausini
• “Seguir Latiendo” — Sanalejo
• “Buena Vida” — Diego Torres
American roots performance:
• "Ain't No Man" — The Avett Brothers
• "Mother's Children Have a Hard Time" — Blind Boys of Alabama
• "Factory Girl" — Rhiannon Giddens
• "House of Mercy" — Sarah Jarosz
• "Wreck You" — Lori McKenna
Spoken word album (includes poetry, audio books & storytelling):
• “The Girl With the Lower Back Tattoo” — Amy Schumer
• “In Such Good Company: Eleven Years Of Laughter, Mayhem, And Fun In the Sandbox” — Carol Burnett
• “M Train” — Patti Smith
• “Under the Big Black Sun: A Personal History Of L.A. Punk (John Doe With Tom DeSavia)” — (Various Artists)
• “Unfaithful Music & Disappearing Ink” — Elvis Costello
Song written for visual media:
• "Can't Stop the Feeling!" — Max Martin, Shellback & Justin Timberlake, songwriters (Justin Timberlake, Anna Kendrick, Gwen Stefani, James Corden, Zooey Deschanel, Walt Dohrn, Ron Funches, Caroline Hjelt, Aino Jawo, Christopher Mintz-Plasse & Kunal Nayyar). Track from: “Trolls”
• "Heathens" — Tyler Joseph, songwriter (Twenty One Pilots). Track from: “Suicide Squad”
• "Just Like Fire" — Oscar Holter, Max Martin, P!nk & Shellback, songwriters (P!nk). Track from: “Alice Through the Looking Glass”
• "Purple Lamborghini" — Shamann Cooke, Sonny Moore & William Roberts, songwriters (Skrillex & Rick Ross). Track... (WHIO)Feb 3, 2016
Frank Phelan, 61 of Trumbull
Via Abriola Parkview Funeral HomeFrank W. Phelan, 61, of Trumbull, CT passed away on January 30, 2016 at CT Hospice in Branford. He was born October 8, 1954 in Yonkers, NY to John and Winifred Phelan. Frank graduated from Cardinal Spellman High School in the Bronx in 1972. He went on to earn his degree in Accounting, graduating from Iona College in New Rochelle, NY in 1976. He passed the Connecticut CPA exam in 1980. Between 1980 and 1989, Mr. Phelan worked first as an Internal Auditor at the Pittston Company in Greenwich and then as the Corporate Controller for Rosco Laboratories in Port Chester. More from Trumbull Patch
In 1989, he began his career in the shipping industry and in 1997, after a management buyout, he became Partner and CFO of Hawaii Ship Management of Stamford, and continued in those positions until his retirement in 2009. He will be greatly missed by his family and his many friends for his warm and caring heart, his ever-ready humor and his generosity of spirit. He is survived by his wife Virginia of 25 years and his two sons, John and Samuel all of Trumbull, his brothers and sisters,... (Patch.com)Jan 8, 2016
The Bachelor, Season 20, Episode 1: Ponies and Flowers and Unicorns
Gluten is satan." She asked been to smash the perfectly good food with her. I wept.
8. Izzy, 24, a Branford, Conn.graphic designer, exited the limo in footie pajamas with hood. "I had to find out if you were the onesie for me." Blergh.
9. Rachel, 23, an unemployed person from Little Rock, Ark., somehow ginned up enough money to make her entrance on a hoverboard. No need to ask when she found the time to practice.
10. Caila, 23, a software sales rep from Hudson, Ohio, jumped directly into Ben's arms. "Do you mind if I catch up with you inside?" she asked. Kill me now.
The atmosphere in the mansion got catty immediately but turned up to 10 when Becca the Virgin, who made a deep run into The Bachelor's season 19 with Chris Soules, made her entrance with Amber from The Bachelor and Bachelor in Paradise in tow.
All the girls with common sense collectively passed a brick. If the producers deigned to bring back a fan favorite from the previous season, she's either the likely winner or the next Bachelorette. Either way, the share of roses just decreased for everybody else. Lace, however, took that sound logic and went off the deep end. "I think it's not fair that Becca is here," Lace bemoaned. "We all know that Becca has one up on everyone. We all know that. But, um, I'm not going to let Becca stand in my way."
Our resident villainess tried to drink her body weight in champagne and started eavesdropping on Becca and Ben's conversation. Then she torpedoed war veteran Jubilee's one on one time to try and get a better kiss, leaving angrily when Mandi did the same thing she'd just done to someone else.
Needless to say Olivia got the first impression rose. TV people generally just converse a little better than us normals and anchors have to fill dead air all the time.
Of the seven women who went home, only Jessica, 23, an accountant from Boca Raton, and Laura"Red Velvet", 24, an account executive from Louisville, Ky., managed not to embarrass themselves in any way Monday night.
The other five Breanne, Izzy, Lauren R., Maegan and Tiara, the 26-year-old chicken enthusiast from Redmond, Wash. were doomed before they crossed the mansion threshold. Ben Higgins might be a good sport about a lot of things -- but there is nothing particularly cool about him. Hopefully, the producers will be heavy handed this season and keep him from eliminating all the crazy early on. What will we watch if Lace goes home or Olivia bows out?
We come for the love, but we stay for the lunacy.
(Tampabay.com (blog))Dec 4, 2015
Green and Growing: Here are gift suggestions for gardeners with local roots
Spade is available throughout the U.S. — including some local independent garden centers such as Mackey’s Agway in Colchester, Van Wilgens in North Branford, and Natureworks in Northford. I have relied on this spade for three years and give it a perfect “10” for light weight and the deep, precise cuts it makes.Visit www.spearheadspade.com or call (860)-688-3280.
Ratchet-cut pruners: The pruners manufactured and sold by Florian Tools, Southington, work like a car jack, using leverage to increase the power of the pruning cut while reducing hand strain. Result: People with arthritis, carpal tunnel, or diminished hand strength can continue to prune. I’ve used these pruners for three years and give them high marks for lightness, ease of use, and a good cut. Call (860) 628-9643 or visit Riggios on Rt. 153 in Essex and Pequot Plant Farm on Wheeler Road in Stonington.
Finally, many independent gardens centers offer herbs, flowers and greenery year-round, grown and cared for by their staffs. It’s a good bet the gardeners in your life have a soft spot for anything green, especially during these dormant times. Happy shopping.
Kathy Connolly is a landscape designer, garden writer and speaker from Old Saybrook. Website: www.SpeakingofLandscapes.com.
(theday.com)Sep 1, 2015
North Branford Small Business Spotlight: Candi's Floral Creations
Business: Candi’s Floral CreationsOwner: Candice Milliard, Artistic DirectorWebsite: www.candisfloralcreations.comMore from North Branford Patch
Address: 2400 Foxon Road (Route 80), Town & Country Plaza, North Branford, CTWhy start a business in this town?I own a wedding and event floral studio in town. I live in this town and I wanted my shop to be close by. I do have a store front because I think it looks more established than working from out of my home, but it is by appointment only. Half of my shop is a showroom filled with vignettes of various wedding and event themes and where I meet clients. The other half is where I design.What’s the most difficult moment or challenge you’ve faced as a business owner?My business is seasonal and that can be challenging but I try to think outside the box to find extra income during the slow months. I offer holiday decorating for residential and business and will design for some holiday parties. I am spearheading a sidewalk sale August 27, 28 and 29 and all the shops at Town and Country Plaza will be having sales and promotions. If it goes well, we may do one every year.What’s been your favorite moment or proudest achievement since opening?I have been designing since I was 16 so over 25 years and have been designing weddings for about 20 years. I started my business in town about 12 ye... (Patch.com)